Want the latest news and gossip at your fingertips? Text QC to 71007 to join our text club!
Quavo, Takeoff, and Offset are reportedly suing their former business partner after a clothing line deal went sour. The Migos rappers claim they have not received their cut of the royalties they’re owed.
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @‘927theblock’
According to The Blast, “The band signed a deal in 2015 with YRN (aka Yung Rich Nation) to work on a line of clothing, jewelry, and other apparel. The guys from Migos were to be paid a percentage of royalties from the sales. They accuse YRN of failing to properly pay them their cut from the sales and for not providing them with accounting, making it unclear how much they are actually owed. Migos says they have demanded their former partner turn over the finances but they have refused.”
Additionally, Migos is accusing YRN of using “Migos marks” like “Culture” and “Bad and Boujee” as the company continues to produce new clothing. Migos is asking for an injunction that would stop YRN from profiting off their marks. They’re also suing for an unspecified amount in damages.
But, as the site reports, it was actually YRN that first took issue with Migos in court.
“Yung Rich Nation actually sued Migos over the same deal earlier this year. YRN claimed Quavo, Offset and Takeoff were supposed to wear the clothes in six music videos a year, participate in four photo shoots and make at least six appearances in stores. The company claimed instead of following through on their deal, Migos went and entered into a separate deal with Universal Music Group to sell band apparel and ceased to work on the planned line with them. YRN sued Migos seeking unspecified damages. Migos denied all allegations of wrongdoing and demanded the lawsuit be dismissed,” The Blast states.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
We’ll continue to keep you updated.
- Oprah Winfrey Exits WeightWatchers Board After Revealing She Used Weight-Loss Drug
- What It’s All About: International Superstar Davido Commits Annual Donation To Children In Need
- Newt Gingrich Says Michelle Obama Is Too ‘Racially Intense’ In Weird Rant About Imaginary Presidential Run
- Movin’ On Up: Stephen A. Smith’s Barrier-Breaking Show Joins iHeartPodcasts
- Charges Will Not Be Filled In Cam Newton Atlanta Scuffle
- HBCU Security: South Carolina State University Adding Gun-Sniffing Dog Weeks After Campus Shooting
- Was Trevonte Jamal Shubert-Helton Lynched? Black Man Found Hanging From Tree In Georgia
- Red Bull Dance Your Style Is Ready To Take It Back To The Floor In 2024
- Honoring Julius Chambers for Black History Month
- Charlotte’s Expected Weather Through The Weekend
Migos Reportedly Suing Former Business Partner For Unpaid Clothing Line Royalties was originally published on hiphopwired.com
Monica Responds To Accusations Of Getting BBL Surgery After Viral Concert Footage Shows Her Curve
West Charlotte HS Classroom Doors ‘Decorated’ With ‘Colored’ And ‘White’ Entrances For Black History Month
Porsha Williams Divorcing Simon Guobadia After 15-Month Marriage
Iredell County Collision Claims Woman Life
Black Celebrity Birthdays: February
NC Native Rhiannon Giddens Plays Banjo On Beyoncé’s New Country Track, “Texas Hold ‘Em”
What Does Lil Uzi Vert Mean By "All My Friends Are Dead"?
Charlotte Daycare Forced to Close Following Disturbing Video