Ohio State QB Justin Fields is headed to The Windy City. In Round 1 of the NFL Draft, Fields was selected 11th by the Chicago Bears. A Heisman Trophy finalist and Big Ten Offensive Player of the Year, Fields made quite an impression with The Bears.
“This guy’s toughness on a scale of 1 to 10’s an 11, and you just love that about him,” Chicago Bears general manager Ryan Pace said after Thursday night’s draft.
“We feel really fortunate to be able to get Justin in the area of the draft we were able to select him. The excitement throughout our whole building, you can feel it as I walked down here tonight,” Pace said. “We knew there was gonna be a sweet spot for us to be in that quarterback world, and this area was kind of it. So it just required a little bit of patience to get to that point.”
The Bears made a draft-day trade with the New York Giants, going from No. 20 to No. 11 overall to position themselves toward a chance at Fields. Chicago sent the No. 20 overall pick and a fifth-rounder this year (No. 164 overall) in addition to 2022 first- and fourth-round picks to secure its quarterback of the future.
Fields expressed excitement toward the next chapter of his football career.
“What’s up Chicago?” He said in a video shared online. “Justin Fields here.. excited to be a part of the organization and I’m ready to get to work. Bear Down.”
While Andy Dalton is still the team’s head quarterback, Fields is confident what it takes to become a franchise star.
“You know, just the way I carry myself, just the way I care about the game, the grit I have, the determination I have to be great,” He said when asked by reporters why he believes he is an ideal fit for Chicago. “I think nobody has the story that I have. So just everything inside of me, just wanting to be a great quarterback, wanting to be a franchise quarterback. And just me dreaming for this moment my whole life. So I just think all of those intangibles, my work ethic and all that together will of course be different for me.”
- Charlamagne Tha God Says 50 Cent’s Diddy Trolling Is Diabolical Genius Level
- Jeezy Denies Jeannie Mai’s Claims Of Infidelity: “100% False”
- Supreme To Drop New Box Logo Collection This Week
- Opening Statements Made In Jonathan Majors Assault Trial
- Muni Long Reveals Autism Diagnosis On Social Media
- Asking For A Friend: “My Man Needs His Wife’s Approval To Be With Me!”
- Pyer Moss Will Hold ‘Loot-Out’ Anniversary Sale In New York City
- Luh Kel Talks New Music With A Boogie, Becoming A Father & More!
- Trump RICO Defendant Trevian Kutti Facing Jail If Latest Ruby Freeman Threats On IG Violate Bond Agreement
- It’s A Wrap?! Cardi B & Offset Unfollow Each Other On Social Media
2021 NFL Draft: Bears Select Ohio State QB In First Round was originally published on zhiphopcleveland.com
Ciara’s 10K For The Holidays: Text/ Enter To Win!
Ryan Shazier’s Wife Accuses Former NFL Star Of Being “Liar And A Cheater” With Screenshots Of Explicit Texts With Another Woman
19 Pictures Of Taylor Swift’s Booty (PHOTOS)
Goonica Up Or Down?: Monica Announces C-Murder Broke Her Heart, X Reacts Shadily
Ashanti & Nelly expecting first child together, reports
In The Mix: 10 Biracial Rappers Who May Surprise You [PHOTOS]
Meet The Women In Drake’s “Hotline Bling” Music Video
4th Annual Holiday Toy Drive