Viola Davis in most of her acceptance speeches talks about growing up poor and working hard to get to where she is now. The actress recently opened up to The Root about living in a rat infested apartment where they were on public assistance. Davis also chimed in about Donald Trump and how he wants to get rid off food stamps and make boxes for families.
She spoke about how people don’t talk about poverty and some don’t care. Davis mentioned, “Poor people are invisible. I know, because I was that.” In the video she talked about growing up and sometimes not having enough food to last through the month. Davis said, “I was a rung lower than poor. I was poor.”
- Usher Gets Emotional During Final Las Vegas Residency Show
- Sha’Carri Richardson Honored At 2023 USATF Awards: ‘Everything Happens When It’s Supposed To Happen’
- Cardi B Just Walked For Balenciaga And We Can’t Get Her Blue Fur Out Of Our Heads
- Shaunie Henderson Debuts A New Blonde Look
- DC Young Fly Opens Up About Grief After The Passing Of His Partner Ms. Jacky Oh
- Janelle Monae Celebrates Her Birthday In A $358 Red Hot Cult Gaia Swimsuit
- 7 Things We Learned From Beyoncé’s New ‘RENAISSANCE World Tour’ Film
- Guy Philippe, Haitian Coup Leader & Drug Trafficker, Deported
- Inmate Who Stabbed Derek Chauvin Was Inspired By Black Lives Matter Movement: Report
- Asking For A Friend: She Discovered Her New Man Is A Gigalo!
Viola Davis Opens Up About Growing Up In Extreme Poverty [VIDEO] was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com
Ciara’s 10K For The Holidays: Text/ Enter To Win!
Ryan Shazier’s Wife Accuses Former NFL Star Of Being “Liar And A Cheater” With Screenshots Of Explicit Texts With Another Woman
19 Pictures Of Taylor Swift’s Booty (PHOTOS)
In The Mix: 10 Biracial Rappers Who May Surprise You [PHOTOS]
Meet The Women In Drake’s “Hotline Bling” Music Video
Pardi Drops Meg Thee Stallion Dis Track, X Gathers The Struggle Rapper
4th Annual Holiday Toy Drive
The Ultimate Holiday Gift Guide For Your Best Friend